ignite-user mailing list archives

From Fabien Bourdon <fabien.bour...@lanec.com>
Subject Ignite.NET and Entityframework : refresh cached queries instead of invalidating it
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2017 17:41:09 GMT
Hello everyone :)

I am using Ignite.NET as a EntityFramework cache in a .NET application. It
works well and I was wondering if the option I'm looking for exists. I'm not
sure I'm posting this in the right place, feel free to let me know if
another forum or place would be better :)

To do an example case :
1. I request a list of objects. It is a heavy request so loading it from
database takes several seconds. Ignite caches it so later requests are
served in milliseconds.
2. I update one of those objects. Ignite invalidates the listing cache (and
this is expected).
3. A new request for the list takes several seconds, because Ignite must
refresh it.

I would like, in the 2nd step, Ignite to automatically refresh the cache
instead of invalidating it. This way, when the user need to request the
list, it will be up-to-date and cached, and so, served in milliseconds.

Thanks !