ignite-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Griggs" <michael.gri...@gridgain.com>
Subject IgniteAtomicSequence durability
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2017 08:47:51 GMT
Igniters,

I have had an interesting question:

> Since I will be inserting records into the cache I am implementing an
instance of the IgniteAtomicSequence to provide the
> unique id for each entry in the cache.  In order for the sequence to
survive termination and re-initialization of the service I
> want to store the IgniteAtomicSequence in a separate persisted cache.

Whilst in principle it seems possible to me that the output value of an
IgniteAtomicSequence could be stored in a cache with Persistent Store, it
nevertheless seems a very heavyweight approach.  Does IgniteAtomicSequence
have any durability functionality (I can't find any in the docmentation)?

Mike