ignite-user mailing list archives

From 罗 辉 <luo...@zetyun.com>
Subject 答复: Is it possible to make use of SSD in a Ignite cluster?
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2017 10:07:52 GMT
Thank you ,I got it.

________________________________
发件人: Michael Cherkasov <michael.cherkasov@gmail.com>
发送时间: 2017年7月27日 16:54:52
收件人: user@ignite.apache.org
主题: Re: Is it possible to make use of SSD in a Ignite cluster?

Hi San Luo.

>1.Is there a way to use SSD when my cluster memory is running out to cache the data?
Ignite 2.1 can do this for you:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/v2.1/docs/distributed-persistent-store
it will be release this week.
>2.Is there a parameter that control intermediate result storage directory, like the one
"spark.local.dir" in apache spark?
Check PersistentStoreConfiguration there's a parameter for this where you can define dir to
store data.
>3.Is there a parameter or a policy that Ignite can evict some data from memory to SSD
based on LRU when the memory is running out?
https://apacheignite.readme.io/v2.1/docs/evictions

Thanks,
Mikhail.

Hello guys:

       My cluster has some SSDs, and I want to make use of them in my Ignite applications.

1.Is there a way to use SSD when my cluster memory is running out to cache the data?

2.Is there a parameter that control intermediate result storage directory, like the one "spark.local.dir"
in apache spark?

3.Is there a parameter or a policy that Ignite can evict some data from memory to SSD based
on LRU when the memory is running out?

Any relative ideas is appreciated.

thanks
San.Luo