ignite-user mailing list archives

From Andrey Mashenkov <amashen...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Ignite2.0 Affinity Key Distribution
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2017 15:59:25 GMT
Hi,

Keys are distributed among partitions according to affinity function.
Partitions are distributed among nodes according to affinity function.
This chain "key->partition->node" is designed to simplify data exchange
between nodes on topology changing and due to performance reasons.

RendezvousAffinityFunction is used by default. It tries to distribute keys
among partitions in equal manner using key hashcode.
Partition distribution among nodes is quite complex as here we have an
optimizations to reduce number of partition transfers on unstable topology
and save distribution as closer to equal as possible.

AffinityKey is intended for data collocation purposes. Actually,
AffinityKey is passed in affinity functions for affinity calculations if it
is configured.
If no affinity key is configured for key type, then entry key itself will
be passed to affinity function where it will be used for affinity
calculations.