ignite-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: database table polling
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2017 18:22:47 GMT
Which database? Some databases can notify an application id they are updated. You could read
these updates with a Java application and insert them in the ignite cache.

> On 17. Jul 2017, at 16:45, luqmanahmad <luqmanahmed@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, We have a legacy system, 15 years old at-least, which we are working on and trying
to bring everything inside the grid - but in the meanwhile we have to support our existing
system as well. In the legacy system we have a database polling mechanism ( please don't roll
your eyes :D ) which is constantly looking for a specific table for new rows which has got
references to other bits, and is quite expensive in terms of resources plus there are many
other problems as well. I was wondering if we have a cache which is connected through cache
store to this table - Is there any functionality available in ignite to poll it directly for
all the new rows. This is something we want to add in our legacy system while working on our
new system. If such a functionality exist any help with respect to this would be highly appreciated.
Thanks, Luqman