ignite-user mailing list archives

From userx <gagan...@gmail.com>
Subject Durable memory - Synchronizing the data
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2017 15:44:00 GMT
Hi team,

Congrats to all the contributor to ignite 2.1. The availability of Ignite
Persistent Store and hence a concept of Durable Memory on disk is a reality.

I quickly wanted to check one thing, that let us say one of my partitioned
nodes (the box itself) is restarted and it becomes part of the cluster again
and the data is available again to the clients, does it make sure that
before being available to the clients the data is synchronized ?

To exemplify, say we have three nodes with PARTITIONED configuration (Not
REPLICATED for performance reasons)

N1-> Contains entries 1->A
N2-> Contains entries 2->B
N3-> Contains entries 3->C

Say N1 shuts down for maintenance activity and only N2 and N3 are available,
and client wants to put an entry for 1 (say 1->X), say Ignite puts it in N2.
Now N1 restarts  and joins the cluster, and client calls cache.get(1), what
will the client see ? X or A ?