ignite-user mailing list archives

From Amit Pundir <amitpun...@gmail.com>
Subject Multi Cloud Deployment Issue
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2017 23:22:43 GMT
Hi,
I am trying to setup a multi-cloud cluster of Ignite 2.0 servers and facing
severe issues in terms of the response time. I am running Tomcats as Ignite
clients hosting my REST service.

To narrow down the issue, I tried setting up the cluster in almost all
permutation combinations.

1. Two Ignite server nodes each on two clouds Cloud 1 and Cloud 2. Similarly
two Tomcats are set up on the same 2 clouds each.
2. Two Ignite server nodes each on two clouds Cloud 1 and Cloud 2. But all 4
Tomcats on Cloud 1.
3. Two Ignite server nodes each on two clouds Cloud 1 and Cloud 2. But all 4
Tomcats on Cloud 2.
4. Four Ignite server nodes each on Cloud 1. But 4 Tomcats split equally on
2 clouds.
5. Four Ignite server nodes each on Cloud 1. All 4 Tomcats on same cloud 1.
6. Four Ignite server nodes each on Cloud 2. All 4 Tomcats on same cloud 2.

As expected the case 5 and case 6 were the winners hands down but I can't
afford to deploy my application on a single cloud.

The average response time in case 1 and case 2 is 10 times more than what I
am getting on same cloud. I tried this experiment with 2 clouds hosted in
the same data-center and it was still 8 to 9 times bad than the best case
scenario.

The round trip time between these 2 clouds is 40 milli-secs and I was
expecting deterioration in the responsive time proportional to the round
trip time but that's not the case.

I observed the slowest api calls taking around 5 to 12 seconds. The 2
prominent calls were -

1. Ignite transaction commit()
2. TcpCommunicationSpi#createTcpClient()

Could you please help me on this issue.

While trying things out, I have increased the idleTimeout to 60 seconds to
reduce the calls to create new connections. What are the pitfalls of
increasing this timeout?

Thanks