ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ignite SQL query result's metadata
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2017 22:27:21 GMT
Hi Menglei,

Please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community can
receive email notifications for your messages. To subscribe, send empty
email to user-subscribe@ignite.apache.org and follow simple instructions in
the reply.

menglei wrote
> Hi,
>
> Currently we are heavily using the standard SQL query functionality
> provided by Ignite. We have a lot join across the cache and need to get
> many columns from the query.
>
> But right now the interface of SQL resultset (QueryCursor in ignite) has
> limited exposure of the API, which is an iterator of the rows and we can
> only able to use the index to get the columns or the object we want. There
> is no support for the column name based retrieve operation like JDBC. We
> also don't want to use JDBC which is not fully supported yet.
>
> The interesting part is the QueryCursorEx and the QueryCursorImpl have the
> method to get at least the metadata which we can make use of. But I am not
> confident to use the QueryCursorEx (it may be changed) in all our queries
> since the QueryCursor is the right API to use.
>
> Could someone give us some insight for how to get the metadata?
>
> Thanks,
> Menglei

Did you take a look at field queries?
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/sql-queries#section-sqlfieldsqueries