ignite-user mailing list archives

From menglei <menglei....@blackrock.com>
Subject Ignite SQL queries's metadata
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2017 21:09:51 GMT
Hi all,

Currently we are heavily using the standard SQL query functionality provided
by Ignite. We have a lot join across the cache and need to get many columns
from the query.

But right now the interface of SQL resultset (QueryCursor in ignite) has
limited exposure of the API, which is an iterator of the rows and we can
only able to use the index to get the columns or the object we want. There
is no support for the column name based retrieve operation like JDBC. We
also don't want to use JDBC which is not fully supported yet.

The interesting part is the QueryCursorEx and the QueryCursorImpl have the
method to get at least the metadata which we can make use of. But I am not
confident to use the QueryCursorEx (it may be changed) in all our queries
since the QueryCursor is the right API to use.

Could someone give us some insight for how to get the metadata?

Thanks,
Menglei