ignite-user mailing list archives

From luqmanahmad <luqmanah...@gmail.com>
Subject split-brain processors
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2017 14:24:42 GMT
Hi,

I understand there is no functionality for split-brain problem in Apache
Ignite and is only available from GridGain side in their paid versions. We
have implemented our own SegmentationResolvers specific to our needs but
just found a catch in the default implementations.

I know we can provide our own implementation of SegmentationResolvers as
part of the ignite configuration, please correct me if I am wrong, but what
happens to IgniteConfiguration#isAllSegmentationResolversPassRequired()
setting. I can't see it anywhere in the code being used. How the multiple
SegmentationResolvers will be checked to pass the segmentation test ? After
spending sometime I found out that the default implementation of
GridSegmentationProcessor is doing nothing apart from returning true.

>From an API point of view different SegmentationResolver implementation
should be coming from the users but there should be an implementation
available to check all those resolvers which should be available to the
community.

If the above is true, can I suggest to have an implementation available of
GridSegmentationProcessor which just checks all the available
SegmentationResolvers and the default level settings defined inside the
ignite configuration ?

This shouldn't be too difficult to implement as we already got a
GridKernelContext available, I think.

Let me know your thoughts - happy to work on this one.

Thanks,
Luqman