ignite-user mailing list archives

From "javastuff.sam@gmail.com" <javastuff....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Event Listeners
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 01:19:38 GMT
Cached data change notifications are used in multiple use-cases. Here is one

We have OFFHEAP distributed Ignite cache fronted by JVM level local copy. It
is similar to what Near cache would work. However, Ignite Near cache (JVM
level local copy) also get serialized/de-serialized. which results in
latency compared to direct object access. So we are not using Ignite Near
cache but simulating same. To invalidate cache we rely on event
notifications. In some case, we need to clear all cached entries and that is
where we use cache.clear().

There are other scenarios where change event notifications are the
preliminary indication of data change, which needs to be notified to all
nodes to keep data and process consistency.  Message passing can be another
approach but it won't be completely consistent and tightly bound to data

Can I assume cache.clear() does not generate any event notification and need
to move away from it? Can you please help optimizing clear vs remove?