ignite-user mailing list archives

From rishi007bansod <rishi007ban...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ignite Data Streamer Performance is not improving with increase in threads
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2017 18:06:06 GMT
Hi Andrey,
    Attached is the code we have used for bench marking. Is there any tuning
that we can apply to get better performance out of ignite single instance
further?
     Also we have attached logs taken from our tool where we varied
datastreamer parallelism from 1 to 16(default). In this case it is observed
that,
(1) ignite by default creates threadpool of size 56 and datastreamer uses
threads among this threadool depending upon parallelism set(is it correct??,
correct me if I am wrong)
(2)  Also when datastreamer parallelism is set to 1, it is observed that
while loop thread(Timer-0) goes into waiting state after some interval(here
we get 30k rate)(Why is this happening? why rate here is limited to 30k
instead of 80K(80k is rate in case of default parallelism))
(3) Whereas in case of default parallelism(i.e. 16) while loop
thread(Timer-0) is continuously in running state(here we get 80k rate only).
But in this case public thread pools of data streamers are waiting most of
the time, is this the reason for less throughput?

<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n14276/SingleThread.png>

<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n14276/DefaultThreads.png>

code.java
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n14276/code.java>