ignite-user mailing list archives

From "Gordon Reid (Nine Mile)" <gordon.r...@ninemilefinancial.com>
Subject Re: Get by key only working on .net for certain long literal values
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 21:07:02 GMT
Hi. Yes, I am on 2.0.

________________________________
From: Pavel Tupitsyn <ptupitsyn@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 8, 2017 12:26:41 AM
To: user@ignite.apache.org
Subject: Re: Get by key only working on .net for certain long literal values

Hi Gordon,

Seems like all your threads are related:
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/BinaryIdentityResolver-is-gone-in-2-0-but-default-seems-to-have-a-problem-td13444.html
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/UPDATED-BinaryIdentityResolver-is-gone-in-2-0-but-default-seems-to-have-a-problem-td13445.html

Let's discuss them here.

First of all, can you confirm that you are on Ignite 2.0?

Pavel

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 11:03 AM, Gordon Reid (Nine Mile) <gordon.reid@ninemilefinancial.com<mailto:gordon.reid@ninemilefinancial.com>>
wrote:
Hi There,

This one is very strange.

I have a .NET client, Java client and Java server. All running locally on windows desktop.

On the server side I have some cache entries, SecurityKey,Security

I have two Security objects, one with id=4 and one with id=953

On the Java client, this works no problem

SystemContext.getCache().get(new SecurityKey(4));

SystemContext.getCache().get(new SecurityKey(953));

On the .NET client

(Security)SystemContext.Cache.Get(new SecurityKey() { Id = 4 });

Will succeed

(Security)SystemContext.Cache.Get(new SecurityKey() { Id = 953 });

Will FAIL, with KeyNotFoundException

This is the case 100% of the time, even after full restart of the environment. The only thing
that seems to cause the problem is the literal value of the id

Also note that if I iterate over the cache on the .NET side, I can absolutely see the SecurityKey
with id=953, but I will see KeyNotFound when I try to Get

            foreach (var e in SystemContext.Cache)
            {
                if (e.Key is SecurityKey)
                {
                    Log.Info(((SecurityKey)e.Key).Id); // this will print both 4 and 953
                }
            }

My only guess here is that something funny is going on internally with the hashing of the
binary object fields. So the equality test is failing when the get is done from the .NET client??

I have attached the key class as it is on the .NET side and the Java side.

Any thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks!

This email and any attachments are proprietary & confidential and are intended solely
for the use of the individuals to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are
solely for those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nine Mile Financial
Pty. Limited. If you have received this email in error, please let us know immediately by
reply email and delete from your system. Nine Mile Financial Pty. Limited. ABN: 346 1349 0252