ignite-user mailing list archives

From mlekshma <muthu.kumara...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Automatic Persistence : Unable to bring up cache with web console generated models ("org.apache.ignite.IgniteCheckedException: Failed to register query type" exception is thrown)
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2017 18:33:58 GMT
Thanks Alexey. Got it. Thanks for the helpful responses.

For the other issues w.r.t model generation & spring transaction
integration would it help to share my small POC project on GitHub? I think
these would be very helpful to have fixed. I can also submit a bug request
if needed.

I have some queries on the second point you mentioned...please see inline.

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 6:32 AM, Alexey Kuznetsov <akuznetsov@apache.org>

> Muthu,
> >>2. With Ignite/Web Console, if a DB table insert/update/delete operation
> were to happen to the database directly is there a way to have that
> automatically picked up into the cache (so its always in sync with the DB
> tables)?
> >> I know this is too much to ask. I ask because we currently have code
> which uses MyBatis as ORM to read/write to PostgreSQL DB & i need to build
> a cache without trying to integrate with MyBatis which is problematic.
> >> I have some tools in mind & things like messaging based loads, etc to
> try but if Ignite does this with some integration that would be great.
> First of all, I would like to state that it is not correct mix  Ignite
> and Web Console in this context.
> Web Console - is just an *EXTERNAL tool*. It could generate some code for
> you and also allows to execute some Ad-hock SQL queries and monitor your
> cluster. That's all.
> Second, there only one way to have caches and DB in sync - do ALL data
> modifications via Ignite caches only.
> And configure caches to write-through  to your DB.
[MUTHU] : I understand. I was more coming from our practical problem of how
easy (w.r.t to time) it is to have an Ignite cache with all the code
currently writing to DB via MyBatis.

> So, you should directly use Ignite as DB -> configure your ORM to work
> with Ignite as with DB via Ignite JDBC driver.
> And configure caches to write-through  to your DB.
[MUTHU] : I checked the JDBC driver support a bit back..Is it true to say
that if i have a grid with say 10 ignite caches (caching 10 different
tables in DB) can i just connect to the grid (having it all specified in
the config xml & execute queries on any/all of them including queries that
join from one or more of these caches?...pardon me..but i could not say
these for sure from the docs...if this kind of support is available then as
you mentioned we can use it just like a jdbc data store.