ignite-user mailing list archives

From Evgenii Zhuravlev <e.zhuravlev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggested logging settings to debug disconnects?
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2017 12:38:20 GMT

You can turn on Debug logging for packages by configuring

For example, you can add

<category name="org.apache.ignite.spi">

    <level value="DEBUG"/>

to see DEBUG logs from both Discovery & Communication, or at least,

<category name="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery">
    <level value="DEBUG"/>

for DEBUG logs only from Discovery.

> I'm using TcpDiscovery with the nodes running at Amazon.  So far the
> networking inside the Amazon cloud has been rock solid.  That said, over
> the weekend I had two compute tasks fail because of an empty projection.
> It looks like the compute nodes all disconnected.
> Its unclear why exactly the nodes disconnected.
> I'm thinking of increasing the number of missed heartbeats but I'd also
> like to increase the amount of logging so that I have more information to
> debug similar errors in the future.
> I know that Ignite logging can be verbose - does anyone have suggestions
> for how I'd want to configure the logging in order to capture clues to
> diagnose the random disconnects but also not have a mountain of useless
> logs?
> Thanks!
> Ryan

View raw message