ignite-user mailing list archives

From Raymond Wilson <raymond_wil...@trimble.com>
Subject RE: Write behind using Grid Gain
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2017 23:14:07 GMT
Hi Pavel,

Thanks for the blog – it explains it quite well.

I have a slightly different use case where groups of records within a much
larger data set are clustered together for efficiency (ie: each of the
cached items in the Ignite grid cache has significant internal structure).
You can think of them as a large number of smallish files (a few Kb to a
few Mb), but file systems don’t like lots of small files.

I have a legacy implementation that houses these small files within a
single larger file, but wanted to know if there was a clean way of
supporting the same structure using the Ignite read/write through support,
perhaps with another system providing relatively transparent persistency
semantics but which does not use a DB to store the data.

*From:* Pavel Tupitsyn [mailto:ptupitsyn@apache.org]
*Sent:* Saturday, May 27, 2017 5:03 AM
*To:* user@ignite.apache.org
*Subject:* Re: Write behind using Grid Gain

I've decided to write a blog post, since this topic seems to be in demand:

Let me know if this helps!

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 3:50 PM, Chetan D <cchetands@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you Pavel.

waiting for your response.

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 6:03 PM, Pavel Tupitsyn <ptupitsyn@apache.org>

To give everyone context, this is not about GridGain, but about Apache

The blog post in question is

Chetan, I'll prepare an example with Ignite 2.0 / ado.net and post it some
time later.