ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Off-Heap On-Heap in Ignite-2.0.0
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2017 19:52:24 GMT
Megha,

>  Or is it required to give 1 GB to off heap
> memory region with no relation how much I allocate to on-heap.

That’s the correct point.

All the data is stored in off-heap by default. If you give 500 MB to the off-heap then you’ll
get out of memory exception once you go beyond that boundary. Java heap is no longer treated
as a data storage and might be used as an extra caching layer for entries you have in the
off-heap.

—
Denis