ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject [WEBINAR] Ignite 2.0 - Prelude to a Distributed SQL Database
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2017 23:35:24 GMT

Welcome all of you to join me tomorrow June 7, 11.00 AM PST to discover how Ignite 2.0 is
different from its predecessors and why it’s a prelude to a distributed SQL database: https://goo.gl/41qUyh

In particular, you will learn how the off-heap memory architecture in Ignite has been re-engineered
to better support SSD or Flash-based persistence. The new off-heap design uses a page-based
approach with slab memory allocation, which may be optionally mapped to a persistent storage
as is, without having to serialize or deserialize the data. The new architecture automatically
handles memory fragmentation, significantly accelerates SQL, and almost completely removes
costly garbage collection pauses.

You will also learn how to create and alter SQL indexes at runtime, as well as utilize DDL
to update distributed data sets using standard SQL syntax. We will also cover B+Tree data
structures used to store SQL indexes off-heap.

See you,
View raw message