ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Ignite - how to get started - simple installation and Hello World
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2017 01:10:54 GMT
Hi Vladimir,

Please describe where exactly you stumbled on. It’s best to provide logs with exceptions
you see on EC2.

In general, if you can’t install Ignite from AMI [1] nor from Docker [2] you can do the
following:
* Download Ignite binary to all the EC2 instances you have.
* Set up Apache Ignite IP finder [3] to let Ignite nodes auto-discover each other in Amazon.
For instance, you can list IP addresses [4] of EC2 machines you have or use Amazon S3 IP finder
[5].
* Start all the nodes using ignite.sh file and configuration with defined IP Finder.

As for the Python, there is no native lib available for now. You can use ODBC [6] or REST
protocols from a Python application. How do you connect right know?

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/aws-deployment <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/aws-deployment>
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/docker-deployment <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/docker-deployment>
[3] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cluster-config <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cluster-config>
[4] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cluster-config#static-ip-based-discovery <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cluster-config#static-ip-based-discovery>
[5] https://apacheignite-mix.readme.io/docs/amazon-aws <https://apacheignite-mix.readme.io/docs/amazon-aws>
[6] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/odbc-driver <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/odbc-driver>
[7] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/rest-api <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/rest-api>

—
Denis

> On Jun 1, 2017, at 5:42 PM, Zivkovic, Vladimir <Vladimir.Zivkovic@capitalone.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My team is trying to evaluate Apache Ignite.
> We are first time trying it (started this week) and have issues installing it on EC2
(AWS).
> Also we will not able to use AMI due to security policies (double-checking / reviewing
this internally).

> Do you have a step by step approach to Download, install Java, MVN, run MVN, run script
approach for EC2?

> We would like to create e.g. 3 node Apache Ignite cluster and test storing/retrieving
data and other functions.

> Can you help post the solution that works please? (we tried several different ones but
did not work properly – errors on EC2 where there is no errors on Mac but could not connect
via Python after creating nodes etc).

> We are using CentOS (RHEL 7+) as OS for EC2 machine.
>
> Also if you have example with Python (that works on EC2) for connecting and working with
Ignite (with included libraries that are needed) – that would be great.

> Thanks, Vladimir
> Manager, Data Engineering
>

> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital
One and/or its affiliates and may only be used solely in performance of work or services for
Capital One. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual
or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying
material from your computer.