ignite-user mailing list archives

From Megha Mittal <meghamittal1...@gmail.com>
Subject Off-Heap On-Heap in Ignite-2.0.0
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2017 05:49:21 GMT
Hi, I am new to * apache ignite-2.0.0 * and would like to know more on how
ignite works on off-heap and on-heap concept.

Also I have few doubts

1. if we have 5 GB of data so is it possible that all of it resides on-heap
with no objects in off-heap. i.e we allocate 5GB to on heap and 0 to off
heap.

2. Also I would like to know do I have to allocate atleast 5 GB to off-heap
so that all objects are able to reside there . Also if i allocate suppose 1
GB to on-heap with maxEvictionSize as 100000 records then does it imply that
these 100000 records will be replicated on on-heap (i.e 5 GB on off-heap is
a definite requirement) or they will be moved to on-heap with no existance
on off-heap(i.e objects are partitioned between on-heap and off-heap) and
when the eviction occurs they will be moved to off-heap memory.