ignite-user mailing list archives

From "javastuff.sam@gmail.com" <javastuff....@gmail.com>
Subject novalue (NULL) vs default zero for writeInt/readInt
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2017 21:46:10 GMT
Hi,

We have a usecase where we receive data in a map with all field values in
String format. However actual datatype is different for various fields.

While pushing into cache using writeBinary we convert string to
int/long/double. If String is NULL, we skip writeInt/writeLong.
These fields are SQL  searchable so we want novalue means NULL. H2 Debug
console shows it is NULL because we skipped it in writeBinary.
However when we read it back using readBinary We get value as zero.

Question -
How do I differentiate novalue (NULL) vs default zero while
writeBinary/readBinary as the same time we want SQL to refer it as NULL?

Thanks,
-Sam