ignite-user mailing list archives

From afedotov <alexander.fedot...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Closures stuck in 2.0 when try to add an element into the queue.
Date Tue, 16 May 2017 21:45:44 GMT
Hi.

The question was answered on stackoverflow
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43891757/closures-stuck-in-2-0-when-try-to-add-an-element-into-the-queue>.
Duplicating
the answer below:

It's not allowed to invoke ignite.queue and ignite.affinity methods in
EventListener, because it may lead to deadlock.

All cache operations, including EventListeners are executed in system pool,
so it's not recommended to invoke inside EventListener operations, that
uses system pool too.

You could read more here at "Closures Execution and Thread Pools":
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/async-support#section-listeners-and-chaining-futures

And here
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/thread-pools#section-system-pool

Kind regards,