ignite-user mailing list archives

From Andrey Mashenkov <andrey.mashen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query search performance and scalability
Date Mon, 08 May 2017 09:40:22 GMT
Hi,

Network roundtrip costs 100-200mcs. As you can see error is very high,
lower and higher value differ in more than 2 times.
So, query runinng in 280mcs looks ok.

Netwok latencies often unpredictable, I would think queries per second
metric can give more clear picture than comparing of micro or nano seconds.

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 8:38 PM, Jessie Lin <jessie.jianwei.lin@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
<[hidden
>> email] <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=12448&i=0>> написал:
>>
>> Here's the cache configuration.
>> We were expecting to see positive scalability.
>> What would be reasons to prevent from that?
>>
>> Btw, the cache has 300K entries in total.
>> Thank you!
>>
>> <property name="cacheConfiguration">
>>
>>     <list>
>>     <bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.CacheConfiguration">
>>         <property name="name" value="sampleCache"></property>
>>         <!-- Enable readThrough-->
>>         <property name="readThrough" value="true"></property>
>>         <property name="writeThrough" value="true"></property>
>>         <property name="writeBehindEnabled" value="true"></property>
>>         <property name="writeBehindFlushSize" value="10240"></property>
>>         <property name="writeBehindFlushThreadCount" value="11"></property>
>>         <property name="writeBehindBatchSize" value="1024"></property>
>>
>>         <!-- Set cacheStoreFactory-->
>>         <property name="cacheStoreFactory">
>>             <bean class="javax.cache.configuration.FactoryBuilder" factory-method="factoryOf">
>>                 <constructor-arg value="com.sample.store.SampleStore"></constructor-arg>
>>             </bean>
>>         </property>
>>         <property name="queryEntities">
>>             <list>
>>                 <bean class="org.apache.ignite.cache.QueryEntity">
>>                     <property name="keyType" value="java.lang.String"></property>
>>                     <property name="valueType" value="com.sample.model.SampleModel"></property>
>>                     <property name="fields">
>>                         <map>
>>                             <entry key="col1" value="java.lang.Long"></entry>
>>                             <entry key="col2" value="java.lang.String"></entry>
>>                             <entry key="col3" value="java.util.String"></entry>
>>                         </map>
>>                     </property>
>>                     <property name="indexes">
>>                         <list>
>>                             <!-- Single field (aka. column) index -->
>>                             <bean class="org.apache.ignite.cache.QueryIndex">
>>                                 <constructor-arg value="col1"/>
>>                             </bean>
>>                             <bean class="org.apache.ignite.cache.QueryIndex">
>>                                 <constructor-arg value="col2"/>
>>                             </bean>
>>                         </list>
>>                     </property>
>>                 </bean>
>>             </list>
>>         </property>
>>
>>     </bean>
>> </list>
>> </property>
>>

>> On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 9:35 AM, Jessie Lin <[hidden email]
>> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=12447&i=0>> wrote:
>>
>>> Alex, thanks for reply.
>>> The query is fairly simple, colA =?
>>> colA is String.
>>> For 1 server 1 client scenario, they are the same server.
>>> For 2 server 1 client scenario, one server and client are on one server,
>>> the other server node is on another server.
>>> Working on a simplified code to reproduce the problem to share with you

Users]" <[hidden