ignite-user mailing list archives

From Nikita Ivanov <nivano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Machine learning and Apache Ignite
Date Sat, 06 May 2017 15:28:09 GMT
Let me try to answer here.

(1) Apache Ignite 2.0 is coming with the early (beta) version of ML Grid.
ML Grid (beta) will have basic core math (vectors and matrices) for local
and distributed, dense and sparse processing on Ignite cluster. It will
also have all the basic surrounding block. The design is heavily borrowed
from Apache Mahout but adopted to Apache Ignite in-memory platform.

(2) I know many users of the project use Ignite as-is for speeding up
matrix and vector operations even before ML Grid. You can use Compute and
Data Grids together to develop highly efficient co-located processing of
sparse data sets. You can your training data, for example, in Data Grid and
use custom Compute Grid tasks to process it. Obviously, with introduction
of ML Grid that should be a lot simpler now...

Hope it give you couple of pointers on where to start.

Best,
--
Nikita Ivanov