ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Machine learning and Apache Ignite
Date Sat, 06 May 2017 15:50:52 GMT
Let me chuck my 5 cents into the discussion in regards the future
intentions.

Basing on the foundation (distributed math implementation), perfectly
described by Nikita, Ignite community is going to build widely and
coommonly used algorithms like classifications, regressions, k-means
clustering, decision trees, etc. The first algorithms are to be available
in the 2.1.

If to jump even further to the future, Ignite will have Python and R libs
in its ML stack. That's a must for scientists and researchers.

As for the use cases - real-time and near-real time calculations basing on
trained models harnessing the whole cluster's resources. For instance, here
you can find some of the business use cases:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2016/09/30/what-are-the-top-10-use-cases-for-machine-learning-and-ai/amp/

Denis