ignite-user mailing list archives

From Pranay Tonpay <pton...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Few questions
Date Fri, 19 May 2017 16:12:06 GMT
Thx Ivan.. appreciate your help...

Regarding point 3, I was specifically referring to the IgniteCache and not
Igfs. Sorry if my jargons are a bit incorrect in the context, but per my
understanding, ignite has ~
1) in memory data grid (ignite cache)
2) ignite file system

2 sits on top of 1 (rather makes use of 1) ...
Doing anything on igfs (2) does reflect in hdfs as expected, but
manipulating cache (key value pairs), which is (1) ,simply remain in
memory, unless I implement the CacheStore interface for hdfs and implement
load, write etc ..
Is that correct interpretation?

 Pls opine...

On May 19, 2017 5:20 AM, "Ivan Veselovsky" <iveselovskiy@gridgain.com>

1) Yes, unless some data have been evicted from Ignite cache.
2) Sure, this is expected: IGFS in dual modes always tries to reflect the
underlying file system contents.
3) This sounds strange. In DUAL_ASYNC mode it is possible that changes made
to IGFS appear in underlying file system  with some delays, but they should
appear eventually. In DUAL_SYNC mode the changes should appear immediately
upon operation completion.