ignite-user mailing list archives

From "pertsev.ilia" <pertsev.i...@gmail.com>
Subject Ignite 2.0.0 read performance
Date Wed, 24 May 2017 17:10:03 GMT
Hi there!

Out first problem is that we don't understand the performance of Ignite
cache with client-server approach (client and server are on separate JVMs).
We run a simple app that checks keys in the cache and puts data if key not
found. Here is a read performance that we got (entries per second):

client-server approach (separate JVMs):
cacheMode=PARTITIONED,  performance=10000
cacheMode=REPLICATED,   performance=10000
cacheMode=LOCAL,        performance=69000

server approach (single JVMs):
cacheMode=PARTITIONED,  performance=333000
cacheMode=REPLICATED,   performance=349000
cacheMode=LOCAL,        performance=62000

That experiments have been run on the following hardware:
2.2 GHz Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
For Ignite configuration and the code, please, see attachments.

And here are the questions:
1) Is it fine that separate JVMs approach is 33-35 times slower than on
single JVM?
2) Why does the LOCAL mode work slower on single JVM?
3) What does LOCAL mode mean when client and server run in separate JVMs?

Running similar application (but with 9 caches instead 1, REPLICATED mode,
other configuration is the same as in the attachments) on the following
hardware:
Intel Xeon CPU E5-4669 v3 @ 2.10GHz, 128 GB, RHEL Server release 7.2 (Maipo)
gave us even slower performance, about 4000 entries per second.

Is it possible to achieve the better performance? Appreciate for any help.
ignite-node-context.xml
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n13117/ignite-node-context.xml>

IgniteClientNode.java
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n13117/IgniteClientNode.java>