ignite-user mailing list archives

From rickynauvaldy <ricky.nauva...@sci.ui.ac.id>
Subject Client Server Persistent Store Fault Tolerance
Date Mon, 22 May 2017 09:34:55 GMT
Hello, I'm trying to create an environment of client server connection where
I run 3 server nodes that load data from db (similar to this [1]) which will
be use as a failover [2], and 3 client nodes which write data to cache using
loops. It will then be written to the database using write-behind with the
reason of performance [3]. In this test, while the clients are writing, I
purposely stop the server node one-by-on to see the failover. In [2] it said
that "/jobs are automatically transferred to other available nodes for
re-execution/". It does, actually, but when I stopped the second server
node, exception appeared:

[15:57:23,218][SEVERE][tcp-client-disco-sock-writer-#2%null%][TcpDiscoverySpi]
Failed to send message: TcpDiscoveryClientMetricsUpdateMessage
[super=TcpDiscoveryAbstractMessage [sndNodeId=null,
id=c11df5f2c51-30c473c1-464c-40fa-92f2-c8cbbeb34658, verifierNodeId=null,
topVer=0, pendingIdx=0, failedNodes=null, isClient=true]]
java.net.SocketException: Socket is closed
	at java.net.Socket.getSendBufferSize(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoverySpi.socketStream(TcpDiscoverySpi.java:1352)
	at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoverySpi.writeToSocket(TcpDiscoverySpi.java:1464)
	at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ClientImpl$SocketWriter.body(ClientImpl.java:1216)
	at org.apache.ignite.spi.IgniteSpiThread.run(IgniteSpiThread.java:62)

I thought this is expected, and the writing process continues. The problem
is after it continues, the data written by client nodes are inconsistent. Is
this normal?

Thanks,
Ricky

[1]