ignite-user mailing list archives

From Sri Ganesh V <vsrigan...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Memory Usage - OFFHEAP_TIERED Cache Memory Mode
Date Fri, 19 May 2017 09:48:42 GMT
Hi ,

We have a 3 node ignite cluster and have configured cache in OFFHEAP_TIERED
memory mode with 2 back-ups.
All the caches are configured as PARTITIONED cache. There are ~90 caches
configured.

Once all the cache is loaded, we collect cache stats from Ignite Visor
console : 'cache -a'.

*CLARIFICATION NEEDED:*
When we sum up the off-heap memory of all the caches , we see the memory
consumption to be 13 GB.
But when we check the OS(LINUX) memory using 'free' command , we see 40GB
memory is used up.

*Note* : Only Ignite process runs in the VM.

It would be really great if some insight is provided on the difference that
we see.

Thanks
Sri Ganesh V