ignite-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Veselovsky <iveselovs...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: HDP, Hive + Ignite
Date Thu, 04 May 2017 15:40:40 GMT
Hi, Alena,

3. Looks like we have an answer why the initial topology version is so high:
you possibly do not restart the Visor process, is that true? If so, please
start next experiment with all nodes stopped, as well as the Visor process .
After that initial topology version should start with 1, it is not persisted
anywhere.
We should make sure each new started server joins successfully, with the 1st
attempt, and no "Node left topology" message ever appears. If it does, need
to investigate, why before further experiments.

4. Ignite MR also makes all intermediate operations in memory, so I don't
see any obvious reasons of why Ignite MR vs. TEZ comparison is senseless. I
suppose, the above results (23 sec on Tez vs. 80 sec on IgniteMR) can be
explained by the fact that Ignite was running in 1-node mode, while Tez was
using several (6?) nodes.