ignite-user mailing list archives

From waterg <jessie.jianwei....@gmail.com>
Subject Query search performance and scalability
Date Thu, 04 May 2017 00:36:26 GMT
I have a program that issues SQLQuery on colA, colA has a single column
The cache has about 360K entries, and 298K unique values in colA.
I ran the query 1M times with different values.

If the cache only has cache key, here's the results I ran with three senario
With 1 server node: average search time is 35K nanosecs
With 1 server – 1 client: average search time is 128K nanosecs
With 2 server – 1 client: average search time is 276K nanosecs

If the cache has Affinity Key, here's the results I ran with three senario
With 1 server node: average search time is 59K nanosecs
With 1 server – 1 client: average search time is 148K nanosecs
With 2 server – 1 client: average search time is 287K nanosecs

Could anyone advise why the search speed degrades as more nodes are added?
Thank you!