ignite-user mailing list archives

From kmandalas <Kyriakos.Manda...@IRIworldwide.com>
Subject Re: Ignite SQL Indexing Performance problems
Date Wed, 03 May 2017 13:27:08 GMT
@Andrey: there is reason that I have selected REPLICATED over PARTITIONED
cache due to my business case. Custom Affinity is under investigation,
however seems over complicated for my scenario for starters. Now, even if
PARTITIONED is used and things get done in parallel, the Network I/O is
involved when reducing the results and in my case I get back rows with many
columns and not a couple of SUM or AVG

@Sergi: My query has an IN clause. At the following link
is mentiond that: /If the query contains an IN operator, there can be two
issues: First, it is impossible to provide a variable list of parameters.
That means that you have to specify the exact list in the query, for
example, where id in (?, ?, ?). You cannot write - where id in ? and pass an
array or collection. Second, this query will not use indexes. /

So, let's say I create a grouped Index. Will it cover me from the case
above? Or I will have to go with JOIN?