ignite-user mailing list archives

From Christos Erotocritou <chris...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Distributed Closures VS Executor Service
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2017 10:21:50 GMT
Hi Kyriako,

Agree with Nikolai on both points.

Regarding point number 2, you want to use affinity data / data colocation and data / compute
colocation. You basically need to ensure that when you are inserting data into the cache you
use the same affinity for all entries that need to be collocated to ensure they end up on
the same server. Then you can use an affinity run or broadcast with local query enabled to
only execute the query locally. Now in your case you said the data is in an external database
so I’m not sure how you would ensure the data for each query is local.

Christos