ignite-user mailing list archives

From jpmoore40 <jonathan.mo...@ca-cib.com>
Subject Use of Ignition.allGrids()
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2017 09:55:32 GMT

I'm a bit confused about the purpose of the Ignition.allGrids() method, and
how also the naming of grids using the IgniteConfiguration works.

I started a  node using Ignition.getOrStart() with an IgniteConfiguration
with name set to grid1, then create a cache and add some values to it. I
then start a second node with name grid2. In the process for this second
node I call Ignition.allGrids() which returns a single Ignite grid instance
with name grid2. That grid instance contains the cache I created in the
first process.

So my questions are:

1. Why does allGrids() not return two instances, one for grid1 and one for
2. Why does the grid2 instance contain the cache when it was created in

I assumes that the grid name was to allow you to create separate partitioned
grids and that the caches would only be available in the grid in which they
are created, but this doesn't seem to be the case. So I'm not sure what the
purpose of the grid name or the allGrids() method is (since it only ever
seems to return the current instance).