ignite-user mailing list archives

From rick_tem <rvinc...@temenos.com>
Subject Ignite Logger error
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2017 09:47:32 GMT
Hi,

I have the following code where log4JFile is a valid log4j2 conf file...If
however, ignite-log4j2-1.9.0.jar is not copied into the CLASSPATH, I never
hit the exception below...The program aborts with ClassNotFound.  The java
doc says this should throw an IgniteCheckedException in case "logger can't
be created".  I consider this a bug.  Do you agree? Ignite version is 1.9

                try {
                    log = new
org.apache.ignite.logger.log4j2.Log4J2Logger(log4JFile);
                    conf.setGridLogger(log);
                } catch (Exception e) {
                    // In version 1.9 this exception not caught.
                    logger.error("Failed instantiating Ignite logger.  Is
the ignite-log4j2 jar in your classpath?", e);
                }

Thanks,
Rick