ignite-user mailing list archives

From Neeraj Vaidya <neeraj.vai...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Akka vs Ignite
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2017 18:59:19 GMT
Thanks Denis, by "latter" you mean Ignite ?

Regards,
Neeraj

> On 27 Mar 2017, at 05:12, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hello Neeraj,
>
> I’m not an expert in Akka but having a brief look at it I should say that, in general,
it’s a framework for highly-concurrent distributed computations and real-time streaming
processing. Roughly, it’s a combination of a distributed map-reduce functionality and streaming
engine built around Actor concept.

> While Ignite is a distributed in-memory data platform with a variety of components such
as ANSI-99 SQL Grid, transactional and ACID compliant data grid, compute and streaming grids
modules that resemble Akka functionality in some way, and more. The upshot is that Akka is
outfitted with a subset of capabilities Ignite has and, depending on your project’s current
goals and its future evolvement, that latter might be more attractive since a lot of functionality
is provided out-of-the-box in a single platform.

> —
> Denis
>
>> On Mar 26, 2017, at 6:07 AM, Neeraj Vaidya <neeraj.vaidya@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Experts,
>> While doing development on my application related to telecom projects, I was wondering
if Akka would have any specific advantages/disadvantages in comparison to Ignite.