ignite-user mailing list archives

From Alper Tekinalp <al...@evam.com>
Subject Re: Same Affinity For Same Key On All Caches
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2017 07:44:49 GMT
Hi.

I created a bug ticket for that:

Val, the problem here is fair affinity function calculates partition
mappings based on previous assignments. When rebalancing partitions
previous assignments for a cache is known and new assignment calculated
based on that. But when you create a new cache there is no previous
assignments and the calculation is different.

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 12:14 AM, vkulichenko <valentin.kulichenko@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> Yes, I believe it's a bug, let's create a ticket.
>
> Do you have any idea why this happens? The function doesn't have any state,
> so I don't see any difference between two its instances on same node for
> different caches, and two instances on different nodes for the same cache.
> This makes me think that mapping inconsistency can occur in the latter case
> as well, and if so, it's a very critical issue.
>
> -Val
>

> --

Alper Tekinalp

Software Developer
Evam Streaming Analytics

Atatürk Mah. Turgut Özal Bulv.
Gardenya 5 Plaza K:6 Ataşehir
34758 İSTANBUL

Tel:  +90 216 455 01 53 Fax: +90 216 455 01 54
www.evam.com.tr
<http://www.evam.com>