ignite-user mailing list archives

From Chris Parker <chris.par...@imperva.com>
Subject RE: IGFS Usage Question
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2017 13:59:46 GMT
Hi Val,

Thanks for this, but as I said initially, I am not using Hadoop at this time.  I simply want
to treat IGFS as a separate filesystem and use it to cache a local file.  Can this be done
without modification to an existing program?

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: vkulichenko [mailto:valentin.kulichenko@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:42 PM
To: user@ignite.apache.org
Subject: Re: IGFS Usage Question

Hi Chris,

Ignite provides IGFS based implementation of Hadoop file system abstraction.
So you can use run you Hadoop applications without changes and connect them directly to in-memory
FS. Did you go through installation instructions [1]?

[1] https://apacheignite-fs.readme.io/docs/installing-on-apache-hadoop

-Val