ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Akka vs Ignite
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2017 18:12:38 GMT
Hello Neeraj,

I’m not an expert in Akka but having a brief look at it I should say that, in general, it’s
a framework for highly-concurrent distributed computations and real-time streaming processing.
Roughly, it’s a combination of a distributed map-reduce functionality and streaming engine
built around Actor concept.

While Ignite is a distributed in-memory data platform with a variety of components such as
ANSI-99 SQL Grid, transactional and ACID compliant data grid, compute and streaming grids
modules that resemble Akka functionality in some way, and more. The upshot is that Akka is
outfitted with a subset of capabilities Ignite has and, depending on your project’s current
goals and its future evolvement, that latter might be more attractive since a lot of functionality
is provided out-of-the-box in a single platform.

—
Denis

> On Mar 26, 2017, at 6:07 AM, Neeraj Vaidya <neeraj.vaidya@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>
> Dear Experts,
> While doing development on my application related to telecom projects, I was wondering
if Akka would have any specific advantages/disadvantages in comparison to Ignite.