ignite-user mailing list archives

From ozgurnevres <ozgur.nev...@gmail.com>
Subject How to set join timeout? (Ignite.net)
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2017 10:23:48 GMT
I am trying to do this: when no server available, if a client starts, wait
for some exact seconds and then give the user some feedback. I found this in

Sets join timeout. If non-shared IP finder is used and node fails to connect
to any address from IP finder, node keeps trying to join within this
timeout. If all addresses are still unresponsive, exception is thrown and
node startup fails.
0 means wait forever.

My igniteConfiguration in app.config is like below:
    <discoverySpi type="TcpDiscoverySpi">
      <ipFinder type="TcpDiscoveryStaticIpFinder">
    <CommunicationSpi type="TcpCommunicationSpi">

But when I start Ignite with Ignition.StartFromApplicationConfiguration(),
it gives the warning "Failed to connect to any address from IP finder (will
retry to join topology every 2 secs)" and waits forever - no exception

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks, Ozgur