ignite-user mailing list archives

From "javastuff.sam@gmail.com" <javastuff....@gmail.com>
Subject Logging ignite-log4j.jar
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2017 20:41:49 GMT
Hi

My application already uses Log4j for logging, simply adding
ignite-log4j.jar enables Ignite logging. I also added a new logger
configuration for package "org.apche.ignite" in my application logging
configuration, so that Ignite can log into a separate rolling file.
Ignite logging working fine. However rootLogger log level is changed to INFO
by Ignite initialization, which is problematic for my application logging.

Ignite configuration file does not have configuration for GridLogger, so at
initialization it tries to add a new consoleAppender with INFO level by
instantiating Log4JLogger(), here it also updates rootLogger to INFO.

Question -
1. Why does Ignite need to update rootLogger log level?
2. Is this not the good way to configure logging for ignite using
ignite-log4j.jar?

Thanks
-Sam