ignite-user mailing list archives

From kmandalas <Kyriakos.Manda...@IRIworldwide.com>
Subject Re: Cache Queues and Load Balancing
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2017 19:00:12 GMT
Hello Alex and thanks for the reply.

i am checking the links you sent. If I do follow the IgniteQueue approach to
put tasks in a distributed queue and have nodes take them for execution, am
I absolutely covered that only one grid node will take an item-task from the
queue? From the example I see, we use broadcast() passing data and callables
to notify all nodes that an item has been placed in the queue. Then each
node, upon receiving the broadcast message, the callable it will run will
attempt to take an item from the queue and do some work on it. I suppose
that since IgniteQueue is thread-safe and all, then there won't be any
issue.

Please for your opinion.