ignite-user mailing list archives

From kfeerick <kevin.feer...@ninemilefinancial.com>
Subject Re: cache update from .NET client to Java cluster
Date Sun, 19 Mar 2017 22:07:25 GMT
Thanks Pavel,
Perhaps some crossed wires here. Let me rephrase my question.

In my code example should I expect cache.Put(entry.Key, row) on my .NET
process running in client mode to update an existing entry or create a new
entry?

/1:            var cache = Ignite.GetOrCreateCache<Key, Value>("my-cache");
2:            var query = new SqlQuery(typeof(Value), "Id=?") {Arguments =
new[] {id}};
3:            var cursor = cache.Query(query);
4:            var entry = cursor.First();
5:            var row = entry.Value;
6:            row.Text = "ignite me";
7:            row.LastUpdatedStamp = DateTime.Now;
8:            cache.Put(entry.Key, row); /

Even with serialisation of the key both ways my expectation is that the key
value passed back in cache.Put() (line 8) would be equivalent to the key in
the cache already as Ignite passed me that exact key from the result of my
query (line 4).