ignite-user mailing list archives

From kfeerick <kevin.feer...@ninemilefinancial.com>
Subject cache update from .NET client to Java cluster
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2017 23:56:10 GMT
Hello there,
We're using ignite data grid for the purposes of distributing data from a
shared distributed Java key value store to a .NET client for display and
update. The Java nodes are running in server mode and the client connected
in client mode. I see some interesting behaviour when i look to update data
in the k/v store from the .NET client. Querying for a single data item and
then immediately updating it appears to create a *new* entry in the cache
rather than updating the existing value (as I would expect). I suspect this
is to do with the binary notion of equivalence and I've tried supplying a
custom BinaryIdentityResolver but with no change in behaviour. Below is a
code snippet from the .NET side to illustrate. I can upload a complete
reproduction of the issue if that's required.

Can someone let me know if my expectations or understanding of the features
of the data grid are incorrect.

            var cache = Ignite.GetOrCreateCache<Key, Value>("my-cache");
            var query = new SqlQuery(typeof(Value), "Id=?") {Arguments =
new[] {id}};
            var cursor = cache.Query(query);
            var entry = cursor.First();
            var row = entry.Value;