ignite-user mailing list archives

From zaid <zaid.saeedi.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Very slow cache query compared to H2
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2017 05:27:50 GMT

I am attaching sample maven/eclipse project to reproduce performance issue.
I ran query four times using SQL Grid and following are the execution time:
1] 1114 millis
2] 910 millis
3] 1216 millis
4] 628 millis
Average time take = 967 millis
I ran same query four times using H2 console and following are the execution
1] 214 millis
2] 102 millis
3] 151 millis
4] 62 millis
Average time take = ~ 132 millis

Following are the instructions to run query using SQL Grid:
1] Populate cache by running App.java.
2] Comment annotation @EventListener on method fillCacheUpfront in
MyDataStreamer class to avoid filling caches again.
3] Recompile the project and run Test.java which will run query and display
execution time on console.
4] Test.java also has query in readable form in comment because string
concatenated query is not readable. This readable
query can be run in H2 console.

Please let me know if I need to add some configuration parameter which can
speed up SQL Grid performance so that it comes closer to H2.