ignite-user mailing list archives

From pragmaticbigdata <amits...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Understanding faster batch inserts/updates with apache ignite 1.9
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2017 12:16:41 GMT
Thanks for sharing the link. I have a couple of questions on the streaming
mode support

1. How soon are the cache entries added via the jdbc driver streaming mode
available for other requests like querying? Is it similar to how
IgniteDataStreamer api behaves i.e. the cache entries are available as soon
as the client flushes them to the server on timeout or when buffer size is
full?
2. How is this approach faster for bulk inserts or pre-loading when
comparing it with a client directly using IgniteDataStreamer api ? I am
trying to understand the performance gain over 1.8 which is  documented
<http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gridgain-professional-edition-1-9-130000667.html>
as 20%-40%.

Thanks.