ignite-user mailing list archives

From "javastuff.sam@gmail.com" <javastuff....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: REST service command LOG
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2017 00:57:16 GMT
Hi Val,

Apologies for coming back to this thread late.

I agree for security reasons it should internally figure out which log file
to read. However it does not work, here is the scenario -

Ignite-log4j module is enabled simply including this jar file, now it uses
my application log4j configuration to log successfully. But ignite.log() is
never initialized, it is null, hence REST API not able to figure out where
is the log file.
I have to enforce either of the workaround -
1. Log file location need to start with IGNITE_HOME and use Path parameter
in LOG command.
2. Enforce logging into IGNITE_HOME/work/log/ignite.log location.

I think when Ignite-log4j module is enabled it should make Ignite aware of
logging configuration.

Thanks,
-Sam