ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use of the EventStorageSpi
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2017 09:34:43 GMT

Please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community can
receive email notifications for your messages. To subscribe, send empty
email to user-subscribe@ignite.apache.org and follow simple instructions in
the reply.

Sylvain wrote
> Hi,
> we found that the MemoryEventStorageSpi takes a lot of memory in our
> application and we are trying to find a way to fix this without breaking
> anything. We already limited the amount of objects in the storage using
> available setters on the storage (setExpireAgeMs(100) and
> setExpireCount(60 * 1000)), but the memory usage still too much. I must
> say that we are storing very large objects (very large hierarchy with many
> levels) in Ignite caches, so the memory can go from 2 Gb to 6 Gb very
> quicky when many put() are done in a short amount of time.
> We found that setting a dummy EventStorageSpi that doesn't store anything
> seems to fix our problem. Local events are even received and caches are
> replicated on the different nodes. Knowing that, I am wondering what is
> the normal usage of the EventStorageSpi and if it is generally safe to
> disable it like we've done.
> Regards,
> Sylvain

EventStorageSpi is used for events querying (i.e. IgniteEvents#localQuery
and #remoteQuery methods). In case you only listen for events, this SPI can
be disabled (i.e. replaced with a no-op one).

I actually believe that current behavior should not be the default one, so
created a ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4812