ignite-user mailing list archives

From Raymond Wilson <raymond_wil...@trimble.com>
Subject Continuous reduce in Ignite
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2017 19:24:41 GMT
I’m looking at the very nice MapReduce implementation in Ignite and have a
question about the reduce stage.

It appears that the reduce stage only occurs once all mapped results have
been accumulated. I have a use case where the size of that data set is very
large and problematic to hold in memory until all mapped results are

Is it possible to do a continuous Reduce in Ignite, similar to the way it
is possible to do a continuous Map?

I can see one possible way of doing this by slurping off the responses as
they are provided to OnResult, but I’m wary of mutating the list provided
to that method to pull mapped results out of the list being accumulated.

View raw message