ignite-user mailing list archives

From bintisepaha <binti.sep...@tudor.com>
Subject Pessimistic TXN did not release lock on a key, all subsequent txns failed
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2017 22:36:22 GMT
Guys,

We use pessimistic txns in ignite and they have been working great for
months now, however yesterday we ran into an issue, where on multiple
updates to the same key (although in interval of minutes), many updates went
through, but at some point, we started getting TransactionTimeoutException
because the key was locked. After that any update for the same key failed
with the same error.

We checked the logs for the last successful update and all looks good.
Something happened that although the txn was completed, they key was still
not released. We had to actually restart the cluster post business hours to
resolve the issue.

1) Is there a way to avoid this?
2) Can we monitor objects via visor or jconsole to see if some keys are
locked for a prolonged period of time?
3) Is there a way to free up the lock remotely or by running some salvaging
code?

Please advise, your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Binti